Being a girl I always have a little makeup-artist inside me. Still, remember the times when I was almost 7 or 8 years old I have observed a line on the eyelid of women at a mall. My mother never allowed me to go near any kind of cosmetics. so, I use my color pencils to satisfy my inner me and start practicing to make a line around my eyes.
Let us go in a little history to dig about this integral tool, which is among those emergency backups kept in the bag of every girl.
Close your eyes and think of a king or a queen of hundreds of years ago. what do you see??
Ummm… ehh.. A handsome man and a woman with an iconic beauty. Both wearing long gowns of sparkling colors. Loaded with jewelry. And what is more common in both queen and king? yes, you are right! Queen and King both wearing eyeliner!!
yeah .. I also have this type of image created in my mind.
12000 years ago, in ancient Egypt, high-status men and women uses eyeliner to enhance their eyes and to protect them from wrinkles and hot and dry weather. they use black and white powder for this purpose. At that time eyeliner was not the modified creamy gel, we use. They use kohl i.e lead sulfide powder.
After Egyptian fall, eyeliners went out of fashion.
Eyeliners came back to life with a bang. Their popularity spread like a pandemic in all corners of the world. For this whole story, you can visit vice.com, and the history of cosmetics both covers the history of an Eyeliner descriptively.
Types of Eyeliner
Eyeliner and mascara are among those basic makeup tools, without which makeup look, never felt complete. According to our ease of use and preference, eyeliners came in the following three types
As the name prescribe, this eyeliner came in pencil form. it is one of the oldest forms of eyeliner. Many people still feel comfortable and find it easy to use eye pencils rather than other available options. Yes, it can sharp with a sharpener, like a pencil. It is ideally used as a waterline eyeliner. It can be a multi-purpose eyeliner, use to line lash area, waterline, and to create smoke on the eyelid.
As the name suggests, liquid eyeliner came with a thick liquid solution with a brush or felt tip. It is the most popular type of eyeliner use by every other makeup artist. it uses to create the perfect line, winged, or flick on the outer corners of the eyes.
Gel eyeliners are the darkest type of eyeliner. It came in a bottle of creamy gel or in the form of a pen. If you are perfect at applying eyeliner than gel eyeliner should be on your desk. it came with a pen tip applicator commonly.
How to Apply Eyeliner
Applying a perfect eyeliner includes science, math, and arts. No matter how early you had started using eyeliner, Make a perfect line, the same at once on both eyes is always a great task.
Science is to choose a perfect blend that suits your skin.
Math is to make a perfect calculated line that is one side is equal to the other one.
Arts is to draw a perfect wing.
Because eyeliner goes very wrong, very fast. As it applied after your eye-makeup, so it is very frustrating when your eyeliner doesn’t sit properly on its place.
Here are some tips and tricks to achieve your goal with fewer mistakes and less damage along with my favorite products.
so let’s start
Smooth n creamy
Make sure Eyeliner should be smooth and creamy that glide easily and flawlessly on your eyelids.
How to Apply Eyeliner Pencil
The eyeliner pencil is one of the traditional ways of making a line around the eyes. If someone following a healthy skin routine, has stylish hair look and beautifully pigment their lips then only a perfect wing of eyeliner makes them a shining star appearance of 2020.
Follow these steps to make perfect enhanced eyes.
- Choose your perfect Eyeliner pencil: Choose a smooth, gliding pencil that stays for hours, don’t smudge and pay off your efforts.
- Sharpen your pencil: Never use flatten tip pencil for making a line. It will smudge or make a rough line if you don’t tune your pencil according to your need it.
- Place your pencil near your lash line: place your pencil as near your lash line as possible.
- Make a thin line: Draw a thin line as thin as possible, to minimize any mistake.
- Finishing: Finish your desire wing by making the line visible and thick according to your need.
Some Useful Hacks
- Place your elbow on a smooth top near the mirror.
- Try to make your working hand as stable as possible.
- If mistakenly line goes wrong, or both eyes don’t match with each other (happens every time). Use makeup remover with a cotton bud.
- Foundation or concealer can use to make mirror image eye wings and hide your mistakes by concealing the wrong stroke.
- Moreover, Apply Colored Eyeliners for extra effect for your eyes. Blue and green give a deep look, Brown, and Bronze are for mesmerizing, Light tones like gold and, yellow enhance the size of eyes.
How to Remove Eyeliner
Eyeliner can be removed with face cleansing wipes like:
Furthermore, eyeliner blunder can correct by using eye makeup remover apply with the help of cotton buds. some of best eye makeup removers are
Best Drugstore Eyeliner Pencils
Here is the list of best eyeliner pencils that have the best reviews.
- This specific pencil has really great staying power, and durability.
- Applies super easily, smoothly, and quickly.
- Visible color on the waterline.
- Very creamy.
- It doesn’t smudge easily and truly stays on all day.
- It comes off really easily with a wipe.
- Apply thick/wide, if you want something precise you should not want this one.
- It is very creamy hence can stick to the base of the lashes along the waterline.
- Can not able to use it in hot summers, it melts.
- Not waterproof.
Illuminate your eyes with a variety of mesmerizing eye shades
- Brown Green
- Deep Blue
- Aqua green
- Deep purple
- Golden Olive
- Gypsy blue
- Classic Eyeliner Pencil
- Soft built-in smudger for perfect blending.
- Smooth to apply
- lasts all-day
- Easy to sharpen
- Need Multi coats
- Melts in hot weather
- hard tip
- Basic black
- Smooth when applied
- Transfer resistant.
- 100% cruelty-free
- Do not budge or smear
- Very Pigmented
- Super creamy
- Need Multi Coats
- sharpening the pencil is problematic
- Not recommended for oily eye-lids
- Not retractable
The Urban Decay offers A large variety of shades with very different funky Names.
- Oil Slick
- Psychedelic Sister
- Deep End
Best Liquid EyeLiners
This pencil eyeliner is more feel like a liquid Eyeliner; it gives the intense look and luxurious feel of a liquid liner with the easy application and precision of a pencil
- Very difficult to sharpen
- The nib is way too soft
This one is a water-proof, kohl-cum-liquid Eyeliner hybrid pencil.
- Soft and best for water line
- Highly pigmented
- Glides-on smoothly
- Need to sharpen every time
- Eye Cheat For Bigger, Brighter Eyes – universal nude
- Elizabeth Violet – Velvet Violet
- Marlene Midnight – Midnight Blue
- Veruschka Mink – Smokey Grey
- Barbarella Brown – brown
- Bedroom Black – black
An eyeliner with the best reviews is here. Nyx Ink eyeliner is perfect to make a cat-eye. u can make a perfect wing or flick where ever you like with this eyeliner pen.
- Water-proof & transfer-resistant.
- Smooth application
- Felt tip
- Perfect drying time
- Highly pigmented with one stroke
- last for 2 to 3 months
- Complains about brush splitting noted
Best Drugstore Gel Eyeliners
This waterproof gel eyeliner is among the most reviewed gel eyeliners. It sets instantly and glides on easily to deliver intense color that lasts up to 24 hours. Intensify your eye makeup and get bold liner looks with the highly concentrated pigments found in the gel eyeliner.
- Safe for sensitive eyes
- Highly pigmented
- Smooth when applied.
- Stays all-day
- Dermatologically tested
- You have to clean the brush after every use.
- Blackest Black
This eye defining pencil glide on smooth with deep rich color. Soft textured and fine-tipped for precise, All-day wearing application. It is an eyeliner pencil with a gel finish
- Smooth Application
- No need for sharpening.
- Built-in smudger
- Not water-proof
- Dries out if remain un-cap
- Need multi-coats for long-wearing
- Unlike Pencil eyeliners, it ended when the tip is used.
- Starlit Black
- Emerald sparkle
- Aqua Sparkle
- Rich Brown
They say, “Waterproof Eyeliner; Goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling; Best black liner to create the perfect cat-eye.” below are the pros and cons from reviews available:
- Glide smoothly
- Transfer resistant
- Stays for long
- Very Pigmented
- Perfect Drying time
- wipe off easily
- The pen’s ink runs out quickly
They say “Go PRO with LORAC Front of the Line PRO Eye Pencil! The sequel to the original best-selling Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eye Liner, this long-lasting, waterproof eye pencil ”
- lead slips out of the chamber
- Black Pearl
- Dark green
- Dark Brown
Eyeliner is among basic tool which is most commonly used all around the world for defining eyes. Enhancing your eyes can change the whole appearance of your makeover.
Classic and pin-up eyeliner is for formal wear.
Drama and luxe wing give a party look.
Egyptian and Arabian wing is for a heavy makeover.
Tight-wing and the Basic wing are for every-day use and applied easily so, the majority of beginners use this wing for enhancing their eyes.
For a rockstar look, you should have perfect cat eyes. Therefore for this purpose choosing the best eyeliner is literally a quest.
So, here we research, reviewed, observed, and noted the best eyeliners available online. We sincerely listed properties of certain eyeliner for your ease.
what do you think ???
Which one you prefer and why?
Pour your thoughts about the best one and enlighten us.